New member in the UK

This Forum is for Puch Motorcycle related topics.
franknjan

New member in the UK

Post by franknjan » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:44 am

Hi to everyone on this forum.
I'm Frank, a new member located in Wrexham N.Wales in the UK.
I have a Puch M125 which I've owned for a couple of years. I've recently bought a 250 SGS. This was an import which I had to register. I am also a member of the VJMC and was able to obtain a dating certificate from them.
If you need any help with the registration, I'm willing to help.

My "Twingle" is a 1969 model. One of the last 100 produced (I think) it was imported from the USA. It was badged as a Sears. The bike shows 4000 mls, which I believe is correct. It is in first class original condition.
I have some history of the bike. I'm the third owner. The first owner sold the bike in 2009 to someone who did nothing with it, not even changing the registration. It was last registered in 1974. However both the previous owners, stored the bike well.
It's still fitted with the original tyres, which are in perfect condition (I do plan to change them)
The paint work is perfect. The chrome work is good. It still has the original tool kit.
It runs perfect and returns 70 mpg.

My M125 is another story. It is also 1969. Completely original apart from the silencer. (If anyone in the UK has a spare, any condition. I may be interested). Mechanically it is perfect. I've rebuilt the engine. Cosmeticlly, it is untouched. Real oilly rag condition. No chrome. Rusty frame ect. I use it in all weather, all year round.
I also own, a Suzuki gt250a, and a Honda cb160 both of which I've restored. The Suzuki is "good", the Honda is "mint". I ride all of the above regularly.
I also have a Triumph T140v Bonneville. I haven't used it for a couple of years, although it is complete and ready to go.
That's enough for now.
Regards Frank
Englishpuchman

Re: New member in the UK

Post by Englishpuchman » Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:03 pm

[image]My 'Allstate but now a Puch againMy 'Allstate but now a Puch again[/image]Hello Frank, good to know there is another Puch (Sears) in the UK , Back in February i bought a 'Allstate(American import) from a dealer near Coventry but it was missing seat, front mudgard, headlight/shell,chrome tank panels and a few other small things, and believe it or not I had all those parts available from a Puch a friend raced in the sixties.So my 'Allstate' is almost a original Austrian SGS apart from the 'Cow horn handlebars' I used it for it's first run on Sunday and was thrilled with it. I run a facebook page called 'Adler to Zundapp Enthusiast' it includes Puch also blog www.berniesbikeshed.wordpress.com so hope you join us on facebook and tell us about 'ups and downs with your 2 Puchs. Bernie
Puch 175SVS restored
Puch 175 SVS but converted to SV spec ie only 1 carb working
Puch 175 SVS in parts
Puch (Sears) 1963 from Indiana(was it part of Rick W collection??)